Welcome everyone to the very first Leighgendary Flash Fiction Challenge. The winner will get an amazing prize package valued at over $725, including:
- Every good story needs a good editor. David Gatewood will edit a short story or a portion of a novel up to 10,000 words (valued around $300).
- They say not to judge a book by its cover, but we all know that we do. Adam Hall of Around The Pages will design a cover for a Paperback + Ebook (valued at $325).
- A good book blurb can be a great selling point. Michael Bunker will create one for a written work that is 10,000 words or less.
- A trailer can be a great way to promote your book online. One book trailer, with plot blurb and/or book reviews. Including up to 1.5 minutes of video. Graphic creation and editing are included. An extra fee will be charged if there is a need for paid music or stock photo. This is being provided by Kim Wells at Dandelion Dreams Video (valued at $100).
I hope that these prizes excite you and get your creative juices flowing. Here are the guidelines for the challenge:
- The story must be 1,000 words or less.
- The story must be an original story that has never been published. After the contest is over you may do with it what you want, The Leighgendarium will hold no claim on your story.
- No erotica. It is something that I do not want to feature on my blog.
- Only one (1) story per author.
- The author must have at least one (1) self-published story.
- Please send your story submission to email@example.com (as .doc or PDF attachment). Subject Line: Flash Fiction Challenge. Note: Each story MUST include an additional brief story description for the readers.
- I will accept submissions until September 6, 2015 at midnight.
- Voting will be done by you, fans, and readers of the blog. Voting will run from September 7, 2015 – midnight on September 13, 2015. A person will be able to vote once (1) in a twenty-four hour period. When voting, a person can vote for three (3) stories. The story with the most votes at the end of the voting period wins.
I hope this contest is just as much fun for the writers as it will be for the readers. Good luck to everyone. I can’t wait to read the stories you submit!
David Gatewood is one of the biggest names in editing. He has been editor for some of the biggest works in indie publishing. To learn more about David Gatewood and some of the works he has edited, visit: http://lonetrout.com/
Adam Hall of Around The Pages is an amazing artist. He has designed covers for some of the best in indie publishing. To learn more about Adam Hall and Around The Pages, visit: http://aroundthepages.com/
Michael Bunker is an amazing author. He is best known for his story Pennsylvania and Brother, Frankenstein. The way he writes is magic, he draws you into the world he has a created. To learn more about Michael Bunker, visit: http://www.michaelbunker.com/
Kim Wells at Dandelion Dreams Video is professional and fun. She does an excellent job at meeting client needs for book trailers as well as other services. To learn more visit: https://www.facebook.com/dandeliondreamvideo or find Dandelion Dreams Video on YouTube.